I haven’t posted a cookie recipe in a while, have I? Nope! Okay everyone, here it is!
I saw this recipe on Crazy for Crust and I could not stop thinking about them. I finally made them yesterday and I was not disappointed. Most of our cookies turn out flat but these were wonderful! I am an enormous fan of Kit Kat bars and cookies so this was perfect. Only a genius would come up with putting those two together! You all must try these and I am certain you will enjoy them just as much as we did.
Yield: 24 cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cup Kit Kats, strips separated and broken into thirds (about 10 fun sized)
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips (or milk or semi-sweet)
- Cream butter and both sugars until combined.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Stir and set aside.
- Turn mixer on low. Add egg, mixing completely. Mix in vanilla extract. Add flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix until combined. Add Kit Kats and white chocolate chips. NOTE: if you’re not using a stand mixer, chop your Kit Kats smaller. If you are using a stand mixer, run it on medium-low speed for about 15 seconds. The Kit Kats will break up smaller during mixing.
- Important: Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill dough for at least 2 hours. They taste best when baked from the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line cookie sheets with parchment or silpat liners.
- Scoop out 2 tablespoon sized balls and place two inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes. 10 minutes will be slightly underdone (the way I love them) but if you like a more done cookie, let them bake an extra minute or two. Let cool for 5 minutes, and then remove from pans to cool completely.