I just had my wisdom teeth taken out, so I didn’t just make these and bite into one, even though I would love to. (But maybe not because that would hurt. I am confused!) I can’t wait for the big gaps where my teeth used to be to fill up. Then I can get back to my groove and the kitchen. 🙂 Anyway, I made these a while ago and never posted them. Can you imagine not posting a cookie recipe right away? I know, it totally breaks all of the blogging rules. Hopefully I have justified my mistake by posting it now.
These cookies are so perfect! They taste just like snickerdoodles, only better because they are also blondies. I sprinkled extra cinnamon and sugar on top when they came out of the oven, so you are welcome to do that. I suppose they just weren’t quite sweet enough. 🙂
I got the recipe off of My Baking Addiction. (sounds like a perfect name doesn’t it?)
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon grated or ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- a pinch nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease and/or line a 9×13 inch pan. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt and set aside.
2. In large bowl, beat together butter and brown sugar for 3-5 minutes. Add in the eggs one at a time, then the vanilla, and beat until smooth.
3. Stir in the flour mixture until well blended. Spread evenly in prepared pan (mixture will be somewhat cookiebatter-ish, so it’s best to spread it out with a greased spatula or your hands). Combine the granulated sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a little bowl. Evenly sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture over the top of the batter.
4. Bake 25-30 minutes or until surface springs back when gently pressed. Cool before cutting. Makes 20-24 bars.