Don’t you agree that every single blog should have a chocolate chip cookie post? Well, I do! I found this recipe on Dorothy’s blog Crazy For Crust. She has the best blog, and I have been following it for a year or two! I actually used the same recipe as I did for the Kit-Kat Cookies I made a month ago, except I used milk chocolate chips instead. I think these are seriously the best cookies I have ever made! (Can you say something like that humbly???) Anyways, these cookies really do need to happen in your kitchen, because I know you will end up as geeked about them as I am.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yield: 24 cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- Cream butter and both sugars until combined.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Stir and set aside.
- Turn mixer on low. Add egg, mixing completely. Mix in vanilla extract. Add flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix until combined. Add chocolate chips.
- Important: Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill dough for at least 2 hours. They taste best when baked from the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line cookie sheets with parchment or silpat liners.
- Scoop out 2 tablespoon sized balls and place two inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes. 10 minutes will be slightly underdone (the way I love them) but if you like a more done cookie, let them bake an extra minute or two. Let cool for 5 minutes, and then remove from pans to cool completely.
For the XL sized cookies check out Dorothy’s post here.
they really do look lovely! You have my tummy grumbling 🙂
Thanks, Liz! ♥
Kloe, I was just looking for a good choc chip cookie recipe since my kids were demanding me to make some! thanks for the recipe!
Your welcome! I am sure they will love it! Thanks for the comment!
Dorothy’s blog is incredible, and you did these cookies justice — they look amazing! 🙂
Yeah, I love her blog! Thank you they were perfect!
These look like just the kind of CCC I love, soft and chewy and full of chocolatey goodness. My mouth is watering!
Thanks, Allie! I know, me too! I am all about goey and chewy chocolate! Stop by again!
These look great, soft and chewy cookies are the best!
Thank you! I know, I don’t like them any other way. Thanks so much for stopping by, I hope you do again!
Those cookies look so good! I will have to try them out! 🙂
You should! Thanks for stopping by, Nancy! ♥
I could really devour one or two of these cookies right about now 🙂 They look delicious!
Thank you for the comment and for stopping by!
You really can’t beat a good chocolate chip cookie! These look divine!
I’l be trying these for sure Kloe!! I cannot bake a chocolate cookie to save my life…and I’ve been on a mission for years to find a recipe that works for me!! These look so wonderful! 🙂
I am sure you could make these! They are very simple. I know that chilling dough is annoying, but it is so worth the wait!
Guess what I’m making today, Kloe!! Wish me luck… I’ll report back! ! ❤
Yay!! I am sure they will come out great! Thanks for keeping me posted! ♥♥♥
I’m always up for Chocolate Chip Cookies, and these look yummy!
All i need is a cup of coffee to go with these… 🙂
Yeah, coffee makes everything better! Thanks for visiting!
They look absolutely delicious.
Thank you so much Pam!