Okay, people, when it is simple and when it is fast I am always more inclined to do it. I love a good challenge like homemade doughnuts, yeast breads, birthday cakes, and all of that stuff, but sometimes you just need a simple recipe. This blueberry dump cake is so easy! Three steps and three ingredients; that is all there is to it! I had it in the oven within minutes, and the whole family was totally enthralled with the smell of it baking. In fact, I asked a poll on what to post for my Friday post, between cheeseburger pockets or blueberry dump cake, and since the ratio from girls to boys is 8 to 2, it was the sweet recipe! You can thank my sisters for that. 🙂
Anyway, all of you need to try this cake out. It is so versatile too! There is an excellent version of Blueberry and Peach Dump Cake on Dorothy’s blog. I didn’t have peaches, so I had to sort of made it up for me as I went, but believe me it was awesome! Besides, a standard dump cake is pretty simple.
Modified version from Crazy for Crust
Blueberry Dump Cake
- 2 1/2 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 1 stick butter
- White cane sugar for sprinkling (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Dump the 2 1/2 cups of blueberries in the bottom of a baking dish (9×13″)
- Sprinkle dry cake mix evenly over the top of the blueberries. Slice the butter into thin slices (about 1/2 tablespoon each) and space out on top of cake mix. Sprinkle the sugar over the top of the pats of butter.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the top is golden brown. Serve warm or cold, with whipped cream or ice cream.