Hello Everyone! It has been a few months. I know it was my goal to post more this year, and I managed to miss the entire month of March! I am sorry! College has kept me busy, and now I am dealing with……Finals!!! (Eeks!)
God has been teaching me to take a break from school though, so I decided to post! (One of my favorite things!) After starting my school at 5:40 AM and studying pretty much until 8:30 PM, it was time for a break. Is this even a normal schedule?! Probably not…if you are done with college, be thankful and glad finals are a thing of the past. Haha!
Anyways, about these muffins. They are pumpkin. I know most of you got rid of the pumpkin with the Thanksgiving Turkey, but, Folks, I could eat pumpkin all year long! I think it is so wrong to limit such a delicacy to one season. I am seriously addicted to pumpkin–and these little babies could fill my pumpkin cravings all year long. They kinda remind me of Starbucks’s famous pumpkin scones. Have you had those? If you have, and you like them, then you will love, and I do mean LOVE, these muffins!!!!!
Pumpkin lovers out there, make and eat these for breakfast tomorrow!
I had a little dough left over from the muffins, so I baked a batch of pumpkin bread as well. I cannot remember the amount of time for which I baked them, but I do believe it was close to 50 minutes. If you would like to bake it as bread as well, start checking the loaf every 5 minutes once you reach 50 minutes. You can pull the bread out of the oven when a knife or toothpick comes out clean. 🙂
I got this lovely and amazing recipe from Two Peas and Their Pod. You can view her post here.
Pumpkin Cinnamon Streusel Muffins
Yield: 14 muffins
Cook Time: 17-20 minutes
♥ 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
♥ 1 teaspoon baking soda
♥ 1/2 teaspoon salt
♥ 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
♥ 1 1/2 teaspoons nutmeg
♥ 1 1/2 cups sugar
♥ 1/2 cup canola oil
♥ 1/3 cup water
♥ 1 cup canned pumpkin
♥ 2 eggs
♥ 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Brown Sugar Cinnamon Filling:
♥ 1 cup brown sugar
♥ 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
♥ 1 1/4 cup oats
♥ 1 tablespoon flour
♥ 1/3 cup brown sugar
♥ 1 teaspoon cinnamon
♥ Dash of nutmeg
♥ 6 tablespoons cold butter, cut into chunks
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two muffin tins with paper liners or spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, oil, water, pumpkin, eggs, and vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth and combined.
4. Slowly stir in the flour mixture. Mix until ingredients are combined.
5. For the brown sugar cinnamon filling: in a small bowl, mix the brown sugar and cinnamon together. Set aside.
6. For the streusel topping: in a small bowl mix together the oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix in the butter with your hands until the mixture is crumbly.
7. Fill muffin cups half way full with the pumpkin batter. Sprinkle the brown sugar cinnamon filling over each half filled muffin cup. Fill the muffins cups with the remaining batter. Top each muffin with streusel topping.
8. Bake for 17-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove pans from oven and cool on a wire rack. Remove muffins from tins and enjoy.
I adore cinnamon and pumpkin so these muffins are right up my alley!