Eeks! Guys, I feel bad. Has it been, like, two weeks since I posted? Well, the packers are coming to bag us up on Monday, so we have been going through drawers so we wont’ be totally embarrassed. You know, those little spots that you assume no one sees so it is “ok” to clutter. Ha-ha! We have quite a few of those little spots. I guess that you learn a lot when things change. I just read a quote on Nancy’s blog that said: “Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, it empties today of its strength.” It was said by a godly woman named Corrie Ten Boom. Anyway, lovely quote.
Now, about these babies! They are sure good! I found them off one of my new favorite blogs: Kat’s Nine Lives. You need to go check her site out. Kat is a big oatmeal fan, which is why I started following her, then I found out we had a lot of things in common. 🙂 “Just love your site, Kat!!!” These power bites literally take minutes to make. If you ever need a boost of energy and need it quick this will fix that. They also are totally natural ingredients and don’t contain sugar. (We don’t have any in the house right now!!) So, you can eat as many as you want!
Original recipe here:
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 2 tbs. peanut butter
- 1-2 tbs. honey (to taste)
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine peanut butter and honey. I would recommend using a glass bowl.
- Microwave on high 45 seconds, until everything is melted and honey is boiling.
- Working quickly, stir in oats and drop by spoonful onto wax paper.
- Let cool before eating. (tastes best out of fridge or freezer!)